Students are invited to create submissions for the Freedom Dreaming Zine.
There are 4 broad themes that can be approached in a variety of ways.
- Educational justice
- Education as liberation
- Academic success
- College post-pandemic
Approaches or considerations
- Identity, personal narrative, how did you get to where you are now?
- Relationship to CUNY or CCNY
- How do you define college/academic success?
- How do you find support and community at CUNY?
- What could the university offer you that would support your whole self, in and outside of school?
- Major or area of study
- What is your future? Where do you go from here?
- Something else! Anything!
How you choose to represent these ideas is up to you! Poetry, memoir, collage, drawing, interviews, data visualizations…the only limit is what you can fit on the page.
- 5.5×8.5 (half of standard letter size paper)
- Hard copy or digital—PDF or Word file
- Include your name on your page